This Saturday, the UFC is promoting what it calls the biggest fight in UFC history. It's the heavyweight showdown between Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture for the Heavyweight Championship. At 45 years old, he is the oldest UFC champion in history. Despite his age, he continues to upset challengers and makes up for his age by always having a very meticulously planned and practiced strategy for breaking down his opponents. His challenger is often called a "genetic freak." Brock Lesnar is an absolute beast and will have 10 years and approximately 50 lbs. on Couture.


After leaving Xtreme Couture, I decided I would see if I could find where the reality television show, "The Ultimate Fighter" is filmed. This is a show where the UFC finds up-and-coming fighters to participate in an elimination tournament. The winner and top few fighters earn UFC contracts. When I pulled up to the location, I noticed there was a film crew there setting up lights and miscellaneous gear.


As I was headed back to my car, a woman came out of the building to have a smoke. I started to ask her some questions and she noted that she was a freelance video technician, working for the UFC and that ESPN was there to film some video. After I ran out of things to talk to her about I started to head to my car and noticed a white van pulling up that looked suspiciously like the white vans the UFC uses to transport fighters during the filming of "The Ultimate Fighter." When the van pulled to a stop, out came Brock Lesnar. The woman I was talking to yelled out "hey Baby," and Brock made his way over. I introduced myself and had the woman take a picture. Within a half an hour I had my picture taken with 2 of the biggest UFC stars only a few days before they go head-to-head in what is billed as the biggest fight in UFC history. For a big fight fan, it really doesn't get any better.

The day prior, I made a stop at Xtreme Couture and got pictures with:

"The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast member Vinny Magalhaes - Tune into Spike TV Wednesday nights to see Vinny.

"The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast member Junie Browning - Junie can also be seen on Wednesday nights.


Kim Couture - Wife of Randy who makes her Strikeforce debut on November 21st.
No comments:
Post a Comment