BJ Penn is the current UFC Lightweight Champion, the #1 UFC Welterweight Contender, and arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world. BJ is Kelly's favorite fighter and after every fighter encounter she asks, "so how are you going to get BJ's photo?" BJ trains in Hawaii, so it's not an easy gym to frequent.
Paco, a colleague of mine, and I headed to the MGM Grand for dinner tonight. On our way in, I saw BJ and quickly said hello. I was of course kicking myself for being unprepared and not having my camera with me. Paco and I ate dinner and I took Paco to the airport. Afterwards, I went back to the MGM and camped out in a bar with the sole purpose of consuming a few Guinness to help me sleep on my redeye tonight. Halfway through my third beer, I saw BJ walk by and grabbed a picture with him - further proof that the MMA Gods really do like me.

1 comment:
Did you shake his hand? Don't wash your hands until you get home! I am in shock!!!
Post a Comment